The great end of Sigma is service, service not only for the Fraternity, but for the general welfare of the society in which we live. Sigma believes further that symbols have no real meaning or function until they are put into everyday practice according to the meanings assigned them by the Fraternity. Symbols do not make the man, but are meaningful only when the interpretation of these become dynamic factors in determining everyday behavior.
There is much that can be written and said about the philosophy of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, but nothing said or done will be of any real meaning or consequence unless the practice of that philosophy can be seen in terms of Brotherhood, Service and Scholarship in the daily living of its members.
To optimize Phi Beta Sigma’s effectiveness, the Fraternity will:
* Strengthen and serve proactively, the Brotherhood.
* Reaffirm and maintain a strong commitment to Brotherhood. Scholarship and Service.
* Ensure that the Fraternity programs are focused and committed to serving humanity.
* Exhibit integrity and ethical behavior in conducting the Fraternity’s business serving as a model for all Greek-letter organizations.
* Foster and nurture our constitutional bond with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
* Encourage a closer and mutually beneficial working relationship with fellow Greek-letter organizations, other community service organizations, business and government.